Friday 23 March 2012

Line Art

After researching in to different artist's album covers, I found even more so that I wanted to use the idea of Line Art, to create my album cover. I like the simplicity, yet striking effectiveness that Line art can hold amongst an audience, in order to learn more. Also it follows Ed Sheeran and his brand, as from research I found his videos and album covers are very simply created, and look almost 'ameutr.'  I was also very interested as my video is edited in black and white, so the black lines, and white background could resemble this, making it an iconic figure of Ed Sheeran. Also the lines could symbolise his journey and the underground lines that he takes.


Here is a definition I found on line about line art:
"Line art is any image that consists of distinct straight and curved lines placed against a (usually plain) background, without gradations in shade (darkness) or hue (colour) to represent two-dimensional or three-dimensional objects. Line art can use lines of different colours, although line art is usually monochromatic. Overall it is a great piece of art and refreshment for those who love painting. It is also called line drawing."

Some of the images that inspired me:


No comments:

Post a Comment